8th Avenue Dog Beach, Asbury Park, NJ
Acclaimed for its live music and artisan attractions, Asbury Park’s recent revival has drawn an influx of dog owners and is now recognized as one of New Jersey’s most dog-friendly towns. If you haven’t done so already, check out Asbury Park’s hidden gem, the 8th Avenue Dog Beach, Asbury Park, NJ. This beach dedicates an entire beach block to our four-legged friends that stretches between the north end of the boardwalk and 8th Ave jetty, just past Convention Hall. This beachfront oasis is a must-see for you and your dog.
- The 8th Avenue Dog Beach is 100% dog friendly; From giant to toy breeds and everything in between, dog diversity is welcomed. Off-leash is totally accepted here, but should be reserved for well behaved, non-aggressive dogs. The beach block is tucked behind Fisherman’s parking lot, so there is a barrier between street and beach.
- No charge! No need to worry about admission fees. They say the best things in life are free!
- Clean-up stations: There is nothing worse than the embarrassment of forgetting a doggy bag when nature calls upon your pup. The beach is fully equipped with clean up stations which are stocked with disposable bags and trash cans.
- There are dog-friendly drinking and dining options close by. Try The Wonder Bar’s Yappy Hour, located just a few blocks south across from the boardwalk. Or head over to Cookman Ave. for an outdoor meal. Most bars & restaurants are lined with doggy bowls so both pup and parent can enjoy a well deserved cold beverage.
- That view! The Jersey Shore truly does offer some of the East Coast’s most beautiful sunsets. What better way to wind down with your pal than enjoying this dog-topia!
Dog-friendly hours are reserved before 8:30AM or after 6PM during the summer (May 1st through October 15th), however dogs are welcome all day during the off-season. For an added bonus, boardwalk regulations are void off-season, which means more room for adventure! Take your pup for a stroll down Asbury Park’s unique boardwalk then reward him with a much earned victory lap once you’ve reached the beach.
The dog beach is most accessible by car at Ocean Ave and Deal Lake Road in Asbury Park, NJ. Parking is available at Fisherman’s Lot (it’s free!) which is directly on the beach, or regular street parking (meter rules apply).
Going Somewhere without Your Dog?
Contact Us through our website or call us at 201.446.1559. We would love to spend time with your dog with a nice walk or overnight while you are away.