On March 5th, we will announce Hoboken’s Dog Tail of the Year & Hoboken’s Cat Tail of the Year! Each winner can choose 3 of the following prizes:
No cash alternatives will be offered. Prizes are non-transferable, are subject to availability, and can be substituted with another prize of similar value without notice. The promoter is not responsible for any inaccurate prize details provided to any contestant by any third party connected with the competition.
How It All Works (The Terms & Conditions)
1. The promoter of the Tail of the Year contest is: Wagging Tails LLC dba Trusty Tails Pet Care, located at 155 4th Street, Hoboken, NJ 07030
2. Employees and Independent Contractors of the promoter, their family members, or anyone connected to the Tail of the Year Award by Trusty Tails Pet Care shall not be permitted to participate in the contest.
3. No participation fee and no purchase are necessary to enter the Tail of the Year Award contest.
4. Entering the Contest – All participants must be residents of Hoboken, NJ
5. How to Participate – Information on how to participate in the competition can be found at tailoftheyearaward.com.
6. Competition Dates are as follows:
- Rolling Registration – Ongoing registration beginning January 15, 2023. Participants living in Hoboken must submit a current photo of their pet that was taken in the last six months.
- Public Voting – January 15, 2023 – February. 24, 2023 – Get everyone you know to make vote for your pet. Vote counts will not be made available to the public or to participants at any stage of the competition.
The Tail of the Year Winner will be announced on March 5, 2023.
7. Voting – The Tail of the Year contest will be managed using a 3rd party app. The app will count and verifies all votes. Vote counts will not be displayed during any part of the contest, nor will they be released at any point during or after the contest. The promoter will not be held responsible for entries or votes not received.
8. Tail of the Year Prizes – Please see the prizes listed above in the prizes section.
9. Winners of the contest will be determined based on the number of votes for a dog and a cat.
- Participants and voters who submit their email addresses as part of the entry/voting process will only be contacted via email about the competition.
- The promoter will notify the winner when/where to collect prizes.
- The winner agrees to use their name and image in all publicity material.
11. All personal data related to the winner or any participants will not be disclosed to a third party without the participant’s prior consent.
12. The promoter has the final say on all matters in regard to the competition, and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. By entering the Tails of the Year competition, a participant indicates their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Rules of the Competition
Below are the rules that apply to all participants in the competition. Failure to comply with these rules will result in immediate removal of the participant from the competition.
1.Code Of Conduct – Participants found to be harassing other participants, promoters, organizers, or sponsors in any manner will be removed from the competition (and future competitions) with immediate effect. Promoter’s decision will be final.
2.Participants shall not use paid advertising to promote their entry.
3.Participants shall not buy votes in any form.
4.Participants suspected of cheating in any form will be removed from the competition.
5.Tail of the Year logo and the Trusty Tails logo can only be used with written permission from Trusty Tails.
6.Only official sponsors may claim sponsorship. For example, this includes, but not limited to adding their name to posters, t-shirts, flyers, and awards.
For more information, please go to tailoftheyearaward.com.